Friday, March 11, 2011

Time to come home

     Tired as we were, we had to admit it had been a great get-away. Holidays are necessary where we live. They remind us that winter doesn't last forever (although as I write this, a blizzard rages outside and highways are closed yet again- see the video at the end of the post. *sigh). Holidays also remind me how much I love my husband. Something I sometimes forget in day-to-day life (especially when he's being a jerk because he's working too hard).
     I cherish all the time we got to spend together. Calixa, mom, dad and bump, our nuclear family unit. No matter how gay the resort, how steep the roads or how infested the beds, we were always together and that felt really good. Now that we're home it's time to prepare for the next chapter of our lives, the arrival of baby number two....Who knows where we'll go from there...but I'll be sure to keep you posted. 
A sweet message in the sand for my two babies.
Our luggage stayed out in quarantine for nearly a week once we got home...just in case we'd brought home more than we'd intended.
Our first North American meal to celebrate our return. Roasted chicken, stuffing, gravy, green beans, potatoes and of course, apple pie!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment