Thursday, February 17, 2011

Try to do something nice for someone and all you get is shit on...

     My poor father-in-law. It's hard when all you want to do is something nice for people you love and you end up getting shit on. Within a day or so of Trevor and I discovering the XX resort and Spa website, my father-in-law had received not one but two nearly identical emails from both myself and my husband asking why on earth we were booked into a gay hotel. I have to give him credit for keeping his cool because I'm pretty sure that were I in his place I would have used quite a few profanities that aren't worth repeating here. He patiently responded to both of our dispatches with a suitable amount of alacrity. Here's how my exchange with him went:


     Hi 2 u and hope all is well. I sent some info to Trev about this resort
and some reviews from other people who have stayed at this resort and it is
not what is being advertised.

      Firstly there is 3 resorts I could use by using the time share weeks. One is out in Nuevo Vallarta about 15 miles from us. The one I chose is downtown by the Malecon and the third one is about 6 miles south of town somewhat isolated.
     The XX which it is called now was and is 1 of three owned by the time share company who we are with. A couple or 3 years ago the time share company sold this to a company which renamed it XX
and they tried to promote this place as a gay place however it failed. Reason being is that tourism is down over 50% so they figured gays might be drawn to boost tourism.     The original time share company then took it over again. When I spoke to people and asked why
it is still being advertised as a gay resort, under mexican law the owners must still advertise as same however all the gays go to a resort called XY.

      Once 
the original time share company recovers the name back to the time share company , gay
advertising by various web sites will no longer exist. When I go to my membership log in for original time share company members ,
XX is not advertised as a gay resort. This place is right across the street from where friends of ours were staying and when we walked by I seen families with children etc there. Not to say that you might not see some gays around downtown would be false however I understand your concerns but as I was told is that the guests at XX are the same as at any other resort. Of coarse when I booked this place for u through the time share company , I seen nothing on that site as I mentioned before of any gay activity at this particular resort.

      Thats about all I can tell you as to how and why this came about.
Trust me, my intentions were good and nor would have i paid for 2 weeks having known that I was booking you into a gay resort. I looked at trip advertiser reviews and many vary from how great a vacation they had there to how some had complaints about service, air conditioning problems etc. Never seen one review about people saying it was a totally gay resort. I hope my good intentions will not back fire. Yes, you may see some gays along the downtown area but to be honest with you
I noticed very little however I am not looking for them either lol



     Ok it was official, not only was I clearly a touch on the homophobic side but I was also a huge jerk. My kind father-in-law gave us a free timeshare for two weeks and so far all I had done about it was worry and complain about (in my pathetic defense, I worry about everything)...So there it was, all spelled out for me. The hotel had been sold, made into a gay destination and failed. Then sold again and for all accounts, was now a resort that anyone could be welcome at...I just hoped that my father-in-law was the forgiving sort and wouldn't let our overreaction colour the family trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment